Fendt

The brand Fendt goes back to the company-founder Johann Georg Fendt, who created his first haulier at his mechanic workshop and lead-drawing-factory at Oberdorf (Marktoberdorf) in 1927.
Three years later the first haulier with diesel-motor was designed. The brewery-owner and farmer Franz Sailer bought one of these tractors and called it his „Dieselross“. This name was adopted by the Fendt family and became an established designation for the diesel-tractors of the company. The Fendt Dieselross was one of the first diesel-hauliers in Europe, so buyers were found soon and in 1935 the 100th tractor left the assembly line. Only three years later the number of the produced hauliers had increased tenfold.
In 1953 Fendt brought its first carrier – the Fendt GT – on the market. Since 1975 there were also designed some special-tractors for the hops, fruit and vine cultivation. Fendt also raised the bar in building bigger tractors. So it meanwhile became Germans market leader in 1985.
In 1997 the Xaver Fendt GmbH&Co. was adopted by the US-agricultural machine concern AGCO. The name Fendt was maintained as premium-brand. So today Fendt-tractors are still build in Marktoberdorf. Other production locations are in Asbach-Bäumenheim and Hohenmölsen. There are build about 14.500 machines every year.

Show 1 to 4 (from a total of 4 products)