Roosamaster

Already in 1941Vernon Roosa invented the rotary distributor-type diesel fuel injection pump. Development engineer was Ernest J. Willson, with the assistance of Leonard Baxter. The injection pump concept of Roosa came to attention in 1947, when he was engaged with repairing diesel-electric generators in New York City. In contrast to the in-line fuel injection pump the distributor fuel injection pump was more simple and more compact. Besides at the mechanical injection fuel is pressed through a spray nozzle into the cylinders under hydraulic pressures of 2000 pounds per square inch or more. With the Roosa Master injection pump they for the first time had a simple tool for controlling the speed of generator sets. Smaller, fast running diesel engines could be produced, so they could be made more competitive with petrol engines in agriculture, but also in marine propulsion and in power generation.
This led to the first distributor fuel injection pump ready for production. Under the name type „A“ the Hartford Machine Screw Company (now Stanadyne) produced them first in 1952. The pump was simple and the costs of production were low, so the constructing engineers of John Deere used them for their newest hauliers. The models „B“ and „D“ followed and at last the further developed model „DB“ in 1958. This model was used at the four- and six-cylinder engines of the new tractors of John Deere, but also of the business competition.
The pumps could be mounted in horizontal or vertical position, so they could also be used in petrol engines. Since 1960 in the USA the slightly modified pumps were mounted on the base of the ignition distributors! So the engine producers were able to offer one basic engine, which could be used with different fuels. This is the reason why in the 60s there was rarely a haulier, without a Roosa Master pump.

Reparation injection pump
Price on request
 
Show 1 to 6 (from a total of 6 products)